Friday 8 July 2022

Epagoge grotiana


Brown-barred Tortrix Epagoge grotiana. Common apparently. As is often the case, when I trap a new micro, it turns out I should, statistically, have seen it way before now! Anyway, it's a smart little thing, and, to be honest, I may well have passed it off as something else before now. The larvae feed on a wide range of trees and shrubs, according to UKMoths.

It's been a busy week this week. I've been in the teaching profession, full-time, for the last twenty-six years and those last few weeks, before we break up, just get crazier and crazier each year. Teachers will know what I mean. Anyway, those opportunities to get out and about after work, to clear my head, become more and more important. I've not seen a great deal but, bird-wise, off Mudbank yesterday - 190+ Black-headed Gulls, 1 Mediterranean Gull, 17 Shelduck, 2 Dark-bellied Brent Geese, 2 Whimbrel and 5 Sandwich Terns. Yet another singing Firecrest was located in woodland, bordering local heathland this afternoon. The rise and rise of Firecrest!


True Lover's Knot.


Just the one Mediterranean Gull. Looks like most are over at the Warren.

Speckled Wood.

Plenty of Silver-washed Fritillaries are now on the wing, locally.


 White Admiral - a number of these seen in traditional spots this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment