1. Viper's Bugloss
I'd really appreciate help with what's starting to become a back-log of unidentified plants. I've tentatively put a name to some but with many I don't know where to begin. I've tried using some online keys but that hasn't been too successful because I haven't yet grasped the basics of plant topography, if that's even the right term?
Birdwise - just a quick look at the river on the in-coming tide - 2 Common Tern, 15 Sandwich Tern, 5 Mediterranean Gull and 5 Whimbrel.
Edit - a huge thank you to Seth and Kev for their assistance. They have the knowledge that I wish I had! Following their comments (see below) I've put a name to the majority of the plants that have been causing me headaches.
2. Hogweed - Warren View.
3. Yarrow - Warren View.
4. Wild Madder
5. Corn Marigold
6. Wild Radish - Ludwell Valley Park.
7. Perennial Cornflower - Exminster Marshes.
8. Probably Greater Skullcap - Dawlish Warren.
9. Probably Common Stork's-bill
10. Field Speedwell
11. Possibly Short-stemmed Willowherb
12. Possibly Cut-leaved Crane's-bill
13. Black Medick
14. Smooth Sowthistle - Warren View
15. Vervain - non-native garden escape.
16. Common Mallow
17. Green Alkanet
18. Germander Speedwell?
19. Willowherb species
20. Naturalised pink oxalis species?
21. Germander Speedwell?
22. Wild Onion - the Maer.
24. Pale Flax - tonnes of this on Orcombe Point.
25. Rock Sea-spurrey
27. Broad-leaved Everlasting Pea - The Maer.
28. Field Pansy - photographed on Orcombe Point in the autumn.
30. Dotted Loosestrife - Blackhill Quarry.
32. Possibly Common Stork's-bill
33. Unidentified - abundant plantain sp on the Maer.
35. Water Forget-Me-Not - wet areas - Stover CP.
36. Hemlock Water Dropwort - Stover CP.
37. Marsh Valerian
38. Sea Lavendar - found by the estuary between Mudbank and West Lodge.