Friday 6 October 2023

Muntjac

Took a while to twig what this was. Thought fox, then dog then Muntjac! Could this be a 'first for Exmouth'? Dreadful photo in dawn half-light.

No sign of yesterday's Richard's Pipit but recorded 150+ Meadow Pipits, c100+ Linnets, 65+ Pied Wagtails, 9 Greenfinches, 50+ Siskins, c20 Goldfinches, 1 Stock Dove, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 2 Reed Buntings, 3 Mute Swans, 5 Starlings, 1 Snipe, 1 Blackcap, 1+ Goldcrest and 12+ Chiffchaffs. Also - a Muntjac Deer and 'helice' Clouded Yellow.
I'm sure I hugely undercounted the overhead stuff as I wanted to cover plenty of ground this morning. I might try and plant myself at one vantage point tomorrow...
Mudbank briefly - 5 Redshank, 2 Greenshank and 21 Black-tailed Godwits - the only waders counted.




Juvenile Pale-bellied Brent Goose - Mudbank.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they'd got down here, unhappy news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom - neither did I - I guess there could be loads around by now? Matt.

    ReplyDelete