Sunday 19 December 2021

BNGs Back

The 'plop' as it dropped in the water, in front of me, alerted me to this first-winter Black-tailed Godwit - my first off Mudbank in a little while.

The two Black-necked Grebes were again off Shelly Beach this morning - the first time I've seen them since the end of November. They remained way too far out for photos but that didn't stop me trying. Views through the scope weren't too bad. Also there - 6 Red-breasted Mergansers and the male Black Redstart
A quick look off the seafront produced a loafing Great Northern Diver, 2 Brent Geese and at least 3 Purple Sandpipers, but there were way too many people around for my liking so I didn't give it long.
Off Mudbank - the juvenile Spoonbill all day, 8 Shovelers, 1 Black-tailed Godwit, 28 Great Crested Grebes, 4 Teal, 2 Ravens, 1 Grey Wagtail and 11 Red-breasted Mergansers.
An afternoon walk around Maer Valley revealed c70 Redwings (many in Starling-like sub-song), 6 Ring-necked Parakeets (Prattshayes Farm), 3 Chiffchaffs, 1 Blackcap, 1 Kestrel, 5 Goldcrests and at least 1 Mistle Thrush.


Black-necked Grebes - Shelly Beach. Probably an improvement on my last attempt but still dreadful. I'll hopefully get better views before the winter's over.




Black Redstart.

No comments:

Post a Comment