Friday 15 January 2021

Sibe Chiff

Siberian Chiffchaffs are inexplicably scarce in Exmouth, so I was delighted to find this one on Orcombe Point this afternoon. It was feeding with two collybita Chiffies in the hedgerow bordering the turnip field, along Gore Lane.

I managed to get out during a short break from work this afternoon. I was a bit taken aback at how good the top fields of Orcombe were. In the brief time I was there I recorded 1 Siberian Chiffchaff, 2 Chiffchaff, 7+ Stonechat, 29 Snipe, 3 Curlew, 30+ Meadow Pipit, 15+ Skylark, 14+ Linnet, 1 Rock Pipit, 1 Sparrowhawk and 1 Kestrel.

Off Mudbank - 3 Goldeneye (2 drakes), 9+ Great Crested Grebes, 2 Red-breasted Mergansers, 14 Pintail and 44+ Mallard.


One of seven Stonechats on Orcombe this afternoon. I don't remember a mid-winter count as high as this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment