Saturday 9 January 2021

Darts Black Brant



I stopped for a quick scan of the Darts Farm Brent flock, on my way to mum and dad's with Lu, and was chuffed to pick out the Black Brant (centre'ish) that I had in Exmouth the other day. I guessed it would be with this lot. It was still present when I stopped again on the way back, when these photos were taken.


The following photos were taken from the same spot on December 30th. The Brant wasn't in the flock then.



Note the pale (leucistic?) bird in the foreground.


Pale-bellied Brent.


A female Blackcap was lurking in Holly and Ivy at the end of our road this morning. Our neighbour, Neil, had a male in his garden this morning.


This Dartford Warbler was foraging in the Bystock reserve this morning. Note the colour rings. Also in Bystock this morning - 7 or 8 Lesser Redpoll, c30/40+ Redwing, 2 Nuthatch, 1 Sparrowhawk and a fly-over Yellowhammer.


Still only the one Marsh Tit on Wright's Lane but I love seeing it! I'd be interested to know if anyone sees more birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment