Sunday 31 January 2016

Brambling


Brambling
 
I don't think a photo of a Brambling has featured on this blog before so I'm sticking this one on even though it's rubbish. The local 'Cirl' site was great this morning. In about 30 minutes I had 25+ Lesser Redpoll, 15+ Yellowhammer, 4  Brambling, 3+ Reed Bunting and c100+ Chaffinch. I also had a quick look at Hayes Barton Pig Farm but managed just 1+ Brambling, 1 Chiffchaff and c40+ Pied Wagtail. Other than that I did a quick check of the Purple Sandpipers this evening and reckon I had 13 but they're sneaky little things so there could have been more.



2 comments:

  1. Glad you saw so many Redpoll Matt. I had a feeling there were more than I had counted the other day. Sorry not to join you this weekend - work and kids!
    Sad news of the passing of Martin Garner ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick - yes very sad news. An exceptional and inspirational birder. Hopefully see you next weekend. We could do with the weather stirring things up a bit in Exmouth. It has been a bit 'samey' of late. All the best. Matt

    ReplyDelete