Saturday 27 March 2021

Butcher's-broom



I've been searching for this for ages. Butcher's-broom has these beautiful little flowers that appear to pop out of the leaf. I found this unusual plant at Mudbank this afternoon.

Orcombe was disappointingly quiet this morning (as usual). I recorded just 2 Wheatears, 4 Chiffchaffs and a Blackcap. Very small numbers of Meadow Pipit and Linnet seemed to be on the move. Most unusual was 2 Red-legged Partridge in the Bristol Schools camp.
Off Mudbank just 5 Red-breasted Mergansers and 5 Lesser Black-backed Gulls of any note.


I think this might be Sticky Mouse-ear. Confirmation or otherwise would be appreciated. Five slightly notched petals which weren't fully open, low to the ground and hairy.


I'm assuming this is Common Water Crow-foot but I'm not sure it can be separated from similar species with any certainty. Lots of it at Bystock.



At least four Meadow Pipits were feeding in the Bystock meadow this afternoon. A nice distraction whilst searching for violets...

Common Dog-violet - Bystock. I've been really looking forward to these emerging.

No comments:

Post a Comment