Saturday 22 December 2018

Male Black Redstart


This smart male Black Redstart was showing well around the sailing club this afternoon but there was no sign of the original two birds that were present back in November. A Siskin over was the only other bird of note.
A single Chiffchaff by the Maer  long-stay carpark is the only one I can find in Exmouth at the moment and there were 2 Goldeneye off Mudbank.



This gull bares more than a passing resemblance to Caspian Gull. It was present distantly off Mudbank late this afternoon but I couldn't do anything with it. I got virtually nothing on it in flight but it's tail band didn't quite look crisp or black enough for my liking and on the deck it was dumpier than I would have liked. Would have loved to have seen it properly though.

No comments:

Post a Comment