A brief first-summer (2cy) Caspian Gull off Mudbank this afternoon.
Mudbank/Cockle Sands today - 1 Black Tern showed quite well off the Imperial recreation ground just before 7pm this evening. It was with masses of Common Terns before heading upriver. I had what was presumably the same bird with c340+ Common Terns early this morning (and late yesterday evening). Also today - 1 first-summer Caspian Gull, 2 Yellow-legged Gulls (first-summer and 6cy), 3 Wigeon, 2 Pintail, 9+ Ringed Plovers, 16 Teal, 24 Black-tailed Godwits, 1+ Greenshank, 13 Redshank, 2+ Bar-tailed Godwits, 24 Whimbrel, 1 Kingfisher, 4 fw Mediterranean Gulls, 200+ Curlew, 1 Turnstone and 1 adult Peregrine. I also heard two clear but distant 'chuit' calls from what was almost certainly a Spotted Redshank. Not quite enough to be certain sadly.
Shelly Beach - juvenile Osprey, 20+ Sandwich Terns, 13 Sanderling, 2 Mediterranean Gulls and 2 Grey Wagtails.
A quick look off the seafront this evening, whilst waiting for the tide to drop, produced c110 Mediterranean Shearwaters heading east. I only picked out 3 Manx Shearwaters. Plenty of terns off there too.
First-summer Yellow-legged Gull. The 6cy regular bird was present too.
Common Terns over Cockle Sands.
Juvenile Common Tern off the Imperial this evening. One of many.
The juvenile Osprey was again hunting the lower estuary early on. I photographed it from Shelly Beach.
Juvenile Bar-tailed Godwit.
No comments:
Post a Comment