Thursday 23 March 2023

OT feather


I've been hoping to get a photo of the outer tail feathers but having had a quick look online I'm not actually  sure how helpful it is - an apparently variable feature on the various races? Still no call or DNA, but I'm still reasonably happy this Eastern Lesser Whitethroat best fits 'Siberianblythi. Thank you once again to Richard and Jo.
Otherwise, another very wet day. A bit of sky-watching from the back garden, when it wasn't tipping down, resulted in a single Cattle Egret (at 9am) that flew in from the east before heading upriver.
I got drenched walking the dog this afternoon, but managed to find a female Cirl Bunting at West Lodge (my sixth in Exmouth already this year), with 2 surprise fly-over Redpolls there and 3 Meadow Pipits.
Off Shelly Beach, late this afternoon - 5 Sandwich Terns, 25 Dark-bellied Brent Geese and a pair of Red-breasted Mergansers.




1 comment:

  1. Expecting an Alipne swift from the garden soon mate!

    ReplyDelete