Sunday 26 March 2017

Willow Warbler and YBW


Willow Warbler - Orcombe Point
 
Nick and I did Orcombe from dawn but it was again very quiet. Best bird by far was our first Willow Warbler of the spring - a singing bird in scrub bordering the Bristol Schools field. Back at home I was finally able to enjoy prolonged views of the Yellow-browed Warbler as it fed quietly in our neighbour's garden - its presence given away by a single call as we were all piling in the car to go to the in-laws'. Otherwise little to report.


Yellow-browed Warbler - photographed from our front garden. Difficult to see in this small tree, never mind photograph. I can now appreciate how it has managed to elude me for most of the winter. If it hadn't called I'd never have known it was there.


The two lingering Pintail off Mudbank.

No comments:

Post a Comment