Monday 17 May 2021

Chaffweed



I had a stroll on Withycombe Raleigh Common, after work this afternoon, hoping to find Allseed and Chaffweed. I succeeded (I think) with the latter - another very tiny and unassuming plant and, from what I can gather, a rare one too. A good few Yellowhammers were singing up there but otherwise just a couple fly-over Swifts - a species that is still almost non-existent in Exmouth at the moment. Really worrying...



Loads of Thyme-leaved Speedwell on Withycombe Raleigh Common. Plenty of Germander Speedwell too.


The Bluebells are still looking good, despite the rubbish weather.


I'm sure this is aquatic species is very common but I haven't been able to put a name to it yet...

2 comments:

  1. THe aquatic species is one of the water starworts (Callitriche)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Dave - good to hear from you, as always. I've been doing a bit of local searching for Bird's-nest Orchid - no luck yet but possibly a bit early? Please let me know if you get any your way...
    All the best. Matt

    ReplyDelete