Wednesday 15 April 2020

Frosted Green and Waders


Frosted Green - my first for a long while as I normally start trapping a little later in the season. A stunning combination of glaucous greens and greys.
 
Waders were a feature of my back garden watching this morning. The fact that I've not seen Dunlin, Sanderling or Grey Plover in the last three weeks suggests a little northerly movement might be underway. Totals were 1 Dunlin, 4 Sanderling and 1 Grey Plover. A little group of nine 'wader sp' were almost certainly Dunlin. Additionally I recorded 1 Whimbrel, c70 Curlew, 60+ Oystercatcher, 1 Mute Swan, 1 Grey Heron, 3 Great Crested Grebe, 3 Dark-bellied Brent Goose, just 1 Black-headed Gull, 1 Bullfinch, 7+ Linnet, 3 or 4 Sandwich Tern and 2 Rook.
Following a clear, cold night the moth trap wasn't exactly bulging but I did record 1 Shuttle-shaped Dart, 6 Hebrew Character, 2 Powdered Quaker, 1 Frosted Green, 4 Common Quaker, 1 Angle Shades, 1 Brindled Flat-body and 2 Early Grey.
 

Cigar-shaped


Brindled Flat-body Agnopterix arenella


Angle Shades



Wren

No comments:

Post a Comment