Wednesday 11 December 2019

Stonechat House Tick


This Stonechat was the first I've seen from the house, and we've lived here for ten years now. It's in rough grass and bramble on the edge of Warren View playing fields. I've seen 161 species from the house now, but that list includes species like Black Swan, Cackling Goose and Siberian Chiffchaff, so if I were to do it properly it would be a few less! The full list, in chronological order, can be seen by clicking on the menu tab at the top of this page or here.



Greenshank - Mudbank. Small numbers of Pale-bellied Brent Geese, c230+ Pintail, 7 Teal and 4 Red-breasted Merganser also noted late this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Matt on adding Stonechat to your garden list! Though I do see them on my patch occasionally, there's no chance of me getting one on my garden list in a smallish suburban garden.

    Nice shot of the Greenshank stretching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neil - many thanks. I've seen very few species actually in my garden, which is tiny, but quite a bit of stuff from it. I'm extremely fortunate to be able to scope a sizeable stretch of the lower Exe, as well as the distant Haldon Hills and closer playing fields. Most stuff is pretty distant. I went down on to the playing fields to photograph the stonechat which was just a brown 'dot' from the garden. Not complaining though. All the best. Matt

    ReplyDelete