Saturday 24 June 2017

Double Line

 
Double Line - Saint Hill nr Kentisbeare
 
Another new moth courtesy of Martin. Double Line is a scarce and localised species, predominantly in the south-west and south Wales, with a preference for woodland, so it's unlikely I'll see it here in Exmouth. It's another of my beloved 'mythimna' species, similar'ish to Clay but with the obvious two dark lines running across the wings. I'm really pleased to have seen it - yet again a big thank you to Martin.
 
 
Twin-barred Knot-horn - Homoeosoma sinuella - The Maer, Exmouth

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt - had a Double Line many years ago on the Warren so a migrant is not impossible in Exmouth. Also had Clay Triple-lines on Warren Point. Cheers Kev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kev - yep I thought you'd had one at the Warren - still don't reckon I'll get one here but you never know. Surprised you had Clay Triple-lines but I suppose anything is possible when it comes to moths. Thanks for getting in touch. Matt

      Delete
  3. No Double Line here Matt ... but I also had Twin-barred Knot-Horn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick - see you had palpitta vitrealis too - quality immigrant species. Hope the conference went well. Have a good trip tomorrow. Matt

      Delete