Monday 27 March 2023

Orcombe


From first light - 2 or 3 Willow Warblers, at least 15 Chiffchaffs, 9+ Meadow Pipits, 5 Pied Wagtails, 1 White Wagtail, 8 Linnets, 1 Bullfinch, c10+ Greenfinches, 34 Woodpigeons, 2 male Stonechats, 1 Eider and a very brief but likely Serin that joined 3 other finches and flew high west before I could nail it. A loud 'tsooeet' initially made me think I'd heard a Brambling so I glanced skywards. Then a fairly flat, rippling 'trit lit lit' drew attention to a small finch as it shot out of a hedge and away. Frustrating but I've had a few Serins on Orcombe, over the years, so I'm sure there'll be more...
Mudbank - very few birds around but 1 Dark-bellied Brent Goose, 4 Black-headed Gulls, c10 Common Gulls, 3 Great Crested Grebes, 18+ Turnstones, 4 Red-breasted Mergansers, 4 Sandwich Terns, 6 Little Egrets and 2 fly-over Siskins made it into the notebook.


 White Wagtail - Orcombe Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment