Friday 1 April 2016

Pale-bellied Brent, WW and Merlin


Pale-bellied Brent Goose - Maer Rocks.
 
The Pale-bellied Brent Goose was again with 16 of its Dark-bellied cousins on Maer Rocks this morning. As it's unquestionably my favourite of all the Brents I rattled off a few more shots, in more favourable light than yesterday. It's a bit scruffy but still a great bird. Towards the end of the month we should start to see further parties of Pale-bellied birds moving through the Exe - something I always love to see. Otherwise Orcombe Point was quieter this morning, though I did at least record my first Willow Warbler of the spring - a singing bird in cliff-top scrub. Also recorded - 2+ Sandwich Tern, 9 Great Crested Grebe, 12+ Chiffchaff, 3 Pied Wagtail, 2+ Meadow Pipit, 1 Fulmar, 2 Stock Dove, 1 Goldcrest, 2 Common Scoter and 3 Canada Goose.
The river also seemed quiet today but I was really chuffed to watch a Merlin race across the river from just north of Mudbank to somewhere over towards Cockwood.





No comments:

Post a Comment