Tuesday 4 August 2015

Pyrausta aurata


Pyrausta aurata
 
Pyrausta aurata is a common enough micro, often found day-flying, but I don't routinely find them in the trap. This one posed for its photo - a beautiful little moth. It has prompted me to start thinking about working on my 'micros' list - something I've neglected for far too long. Not much else in the trap this morning but Small Square-spot was the first I've seen this summer, as was Purple Bar.
 

Rusty Dot Pearl - one of three trapped last night along with a single Rush Veneer - the only other immigrant.
 

Purple Bar - always much appreciated but common enough.

 
Eucosma campoliliana


Not a moth and no prizes for guessing what it is! The only bird of note on a quick check of the beach this morning, along with three Mediterranean Gulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment